KUNI BMW IS YOUR WINTER DRIVING HEADQUARTERS.
Safe Driving on Snow and Ice
Your BMW may be equipped with xDrive, BMW's intelligent four-wheel drive system, but it's still important to be as safe as possible while driving in the snow and ice. Keep the following things in mind when driving this winter:
- Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Applying the gas slowly to accelerate is the best method for regaining traction and avoiding skids.
- Drive slowly. Everything takes longer on snow-covered roads. Accelerating, stopping, turning - give yourself time to maneuver by driving slowly.
- Give yourself more space.The normal dry pavement following distance of three to four seconds should be increased to eight to ten seconds. This increased margin of safety will provide the longer distance needed if you have to stop.
- Don't stop if you can avoid it. There's a big difference in the amount of inertia it takes to start moving from a full stop versus how much it takes to get moving while still rolling.
- Before the cold hits, upgrade your tires to BMW Approved Cold Weather Tires.